Project Architect, Associate (7+ years) – Los Angeles, CA, US | Works
Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Tue 22 February ’22Posted on:
SPF:a is an established, award-winning architecture firm based in Los Angeles. Founded in 1988, the company specializes in clients and projects that require a high level of design sensitivity, technical expertise and hands-on involvement from the principal. Led by Zoltan E. Pali, FAIA and Judit M. Fekete-Pali, LEED. SPF:a works on a range of typologies including cultural, single-family residential, multi-family residential, commercial, educational, civic and infrastructure.
We are currently looking for a Project Architect with exceptional project management skills to deliver medium to large projects in residential, cultural, educational and infrastructure. The studio is widely recognized for its technical and design-focused approach and is also looking for someone who understands how to put buildings together and the dedication it takes to do it well while also being adept at managing these projects.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and professionalism of service instruments and facilitation of the final architectural product
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Participate in design studies and evaluation of design proposals in collaboration with the Design Principal.
- Manage teams of consultants through the different phases of the project as well as build and maintain relationships with clients
- Resolve complex technical/design issues and provide guidance and mentorship to the team
- Participate and actively contribute to the financial performance of the project and ensure that the projects are in accordance with the contract
- Maintain knowledge of scope, schedule, budget and status of all assigned projects
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- More than 7 years of post-graduate experience with several construction projects
- Intermediate to expert skills in REVIT. Intermediate skills in Rhino, Lumion, Photoshop and Illustrator are preferred. Experience with Navisworks, BIM 360, Dynamo or Grasshopper is a plus.
- Strong technical documentation skills with strong design sensibility
- Experience in a variety of projects; preferably high-end residential, multi-family residential, cultural, educational or infrastructure
- General knowledge of building codes. Knowledge of local zoning regulations is a plus.
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Experience in producing work on all phases of the project, from conceptual design to construction administration.
- Self-motivated and autonomous individual with a passion for collaborating at a high level of design
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Creative problem solver and critical thinker
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Desire to contribute to knowledge sharing within the office – Receptive to learning from others and teaching younger members of the office.
- Positive attitude and open-mindedness
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US AT SPF:a
● Variety of projects – Ranging from award-winning residential projects like the Orum Residence to cultural projects like the Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts, bridges and commercial projects like WE3
● Boutique Corporate Culture – Opportunities to connect with customers and scope for growth as the business grows. Close working relationship with owner/partner Zoltan Pali, FAIA
● Compensation and Benefits – Competitive compensation with bonuses, 401K contributions, generous PTO, vacation week, training and development programs.
● Schedule – Open to negotiation regarding flexible and hybrid work options
HOW TO REGISTER:
If you are interested in the opportunity to join the SPF:a team as a Project Architect, please send your portfolio to – [email protected]
Important to Apply – Subject Line – Principal Project Architect, Associate. Please include a cover letter (including indication of availability), CV and portfolio in a pdf document no larger than 20MB.